Tuesday, October 24, 2006

Wiki Wiki Wahoo!




I have become familiar recently with Wiki's through PLCMC's use of them for Core Competencies, SSP, and most recently tech programming for youth. I had not realized until this discovery exercise however the many interesting ways that Wiki's are currently being used by libraries. The SJCPL subject guide wiki was great, and I can see how much easier it would make a collaborative effort to gather and update info. It linked seemlessly with the catalog and authentication for online resources. I especially liked the tip sheets being near the description.

I also liked the journeys that the wikis led to. An explanation about wiki's led to conference wikis which led to the Internet Librarian 2006 Conference wiki which led to Flickr pictures, including Helene Blowers and Matt Gullett (photos by David King)! Sorry they spelled your name wrong Ms. Bowers.

I look forward to working more with Wikis, and watching what PLCMC can do with them!


No comments: