Sunday, October 15, 2006

Rolly Polly Searches


Great concept and a logical extension of bookmarks. Similar to WebFeat. It was very easy to set up. I rolled a search for Old Jewelry research . However, I was disappointed to find that it searches by domain level, not by the specific pages I put in. For my purpose with this search that was very limiting, since many jewelry info pages are second (or more) level pages. One of the best ones is a personal page inside comcast .net. So it was searching a huge number of pages having no relation to my search. Similarly, searches of sites that are primarily sales sites brought up many items for sale as opposed to just info on a specific designer or type of jewelry. Now that I understand it better I will keep to sites that are not seated within a larger site, unless the entire site is appropriate for the roll. Truly I am not trying to be negative, this is a wonderful tool! Just getting spoiled by how much some of the other tools do (such as the ease of getting detailed info in Library Thing) that my expectations are higher.
Click the Rollyo icon to go to the Rollyo site, and click the link above to visit my Search Roll.

No comments: