Monday, October 30, 2006

Audiobooks

I have had a netLibrary account for a long time., I even helped with the initial audiobook FAQs. But this was the first time I actually downloaded a title successfully. I found a small file, selected radio quality, and downloaded it. It was strange that there was nothing to track the download, it notified me when it was starting, and automatically opened WMP when it was done. It only took 10 minutes (56K modem), and it played fine! I chose a book of Emily Dickinson poems. Only problem was that there is no way to select only parts of it to listen to, such as specific poems. For a novel that you are going to listen all the way through this would not be an issue.

Gee, one more entry into my blog, and I will be able to download and transfer audiobooks to my MP3 player!!!!!!

Finite to fail, but infinite to venture. - Emily Dickinson

No comments: